2018 Honda FOURTRAX RANCHER 4X4
Stock Image: Red
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
Co-worker. Hunting partner. Fishing buddy. Rancher.
For decades now, Honda’s line of Rancher all-terrain vehicles has pretty much been where the search for the perfect mid-size ATV starts and ends. And it’s easy to see why so many thousands of Rancher owners know they’ve made the right choice. With a variety of models and options, it’s easy to get the features you want. Plus, the Rancher just hits that sweet spot in terms of size and performance.
Every Rancher starts with the same proven Honda engine, the heart of any ATV. A 420cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder design with fuel injection, it’s engineered for the kind of wide, low-revving power an ATV rider wants. And it offers something no other ATV can: Honda’s legendary reliability and efficiency.
After that, the mix-and-match of features is up to you. We have models with independent rear suspension (IRS) for excellent handling and a superior ride. We also have swingarm/solid-axle models suited to riders who tow a lot, or who want a solid axle’s simplicity of design. Standard manual ATV transmission, our exclusive Electric Shift Program, or Honda’s revolutionary Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) are all available, as is Electric Power Steering and your choice between two- and four-wheel drive.
A Honda Rancher is all about what Honda does best—combining innovation with proven performance. Now, which Rancher is right for you?
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)—featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole Denso injector, and an oxygen sensor that allows the fuel mapping to instantaneously adjust to any riding condition—the Rancher not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it reduces emissions and enhances fuel efficiency.
- TraxLok® Selectable 2WD/4WD: Our rock-solid system lets you choose either 2WD or 4WD instantly, giving you the freedom to choose between lighter steering (in 2WD) and maximizing available traction (in 4WD) when you need it most.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Rancher’s overhead-valve, semi-dry-sump design creates an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. That returns two big benefits: it enhances handling by lowering the engine's center of gravity, and it also allows for better ground clearance.
- Shaft Drive: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the trail. And an added plus: it helps keep your ATV cleaner, too.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Swingarm Rear Suspension: On select Rancher models, the rear swingarm incorporates an enclosed, solid-axle design for strength and rigidity. When you need to tow a heavy load, the swingarm eliminates rear suspension squat as the load is placed on the axle itself, not on the rear shock.
- Reverse Lever: The Rancher’s reverse lever is simple, easy and intuitive to use.
- A Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (bar/seat/pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Rancher is no exception. With thick, soft foam, it’s exceptionally comfortable.
- In-Tank Fuel Pump: The Rancher incorporates an in-tank fuel pump for cooler pump operation, and long pump life.
- Digital Instruments: Easy to read and full of the information you want. In addition to the standard gear position indicator, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, and hour meter—you get readouts for fuel level, clock, water temperature, speed and Honda’s “maintenance minder” system (to help remind you when it’s time to have your ATV serviced). Comes with all Ranchers except base model.
- Available Electric Shift Program: The convenience of push-button shifting with the rugged design of a conventional ATV transmission—that’s what you get with Honda’s exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP). Just push one button to upshift and one button to downshift. It’s a big plus when you’re wearing heavy work boots or overshoes, or riding in mud or snow. An added benefit: you get genuine compression braking for better speed control when operating in steep terrain.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: Keihin® 34 mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.69 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 6.69 in. travel
- Front Brakes: 190 mm Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes: 160 mm Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 82.8 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 46.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.9 in.
- Seat Height: 33.7 in.
- Ground Clearance: 7.2 in.
- Curb Weight: 611 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 9.2 ft.
- Model ID: TRX420FE1
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- Note: No operator under age 16. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owners manual thoroughly.
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 34 mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Travel
- 6.69 in.
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brake Type
- 190 mm Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- 24 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 6.69 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Brake Type
- 160 mm Sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 24 x 10-11
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 611 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 7.2 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 82.8 in. x 47.4 in. x 46.2 in.
- 49.9 in.
- Drive Train
- Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential
- ESP five-speed with Reverse
- Red, Olive
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan