2011 Honda SHADOW AERO
Classic Style. Modern Performance. Retro Price.
Honda's line of Shadows are some of the most popular cruisers on the road. And one look at the Shadow Aero will tell you why. Classic, retro style, like the spoked wheels, full fenders, and long, chromed mufflers. Thoroughly modern performance courtesy of the 745cc V-twin engine, specially tuned for low-revving torque. And maintenance-reducing features like shaft final drive. Best of all, the Aero is a huge bargain, giving you a big-bike ride without the big-bike price. And it's a bargain when it comes time to fill up, too. If you're ready to turn some heads in a big way, and appreciate a bike that's never going to go out of style, the Aero is the machine for you.
There's nothing like a V-twin when it comes to cruisin'. And the Shadow Aero gets one of our best: a 745cc powerplant that provides plenty of torque and a wide, user-friendly powerband.
Music to your Ears.
The Aero features a custom two-into-two exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers. The result is a soul-stirring sound that's classic V-twin cruiser, making the Aero a bike that sounds as good as it looks.
The strong, silent type.
Cruisers should be about getting out and having fun, not about maintenance headaches. That's why the Aero's shaft final drive makes so much sense. Clean, virtually maintenance-free and efficient, it's the smart choice.
- V-Twin Engine: Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Aero's power makes it perfect for both around-town cruising, commutes, and casual weekend-long rides.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow's fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Front Disc Brake: If there's one place you DON'T want retro performance, it's when it comes to your brakes. That's why we gave the Shadow Aero a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- Shaft Final Drive
- 2-Into-2 Exhaust System: Sleek new pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
- Low Seat Height: Skimming the pavement at just 25.9 inches, the Aero's low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Aero's narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52 degrees V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
- Induction: Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
- Front Brake: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 180mm drum
- Front Tire: 120/90-17
- Rear Tire: 160/80-15
- Wheelbase: 64.5 inches
- Seat Height: 25.9 inches
- Curb Weight: 553 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
- Rake: 34.0 degree (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Model Id: VT750C
- Available Colors: Candy Dark Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin
- 745 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor
- CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 180 mm drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 25.9 in.
- 34 deg.
- 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gal. reserve
- Wide-ratio 5-speed
- Final Drive
- Candy Dark Red
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.